American Hiking Society is looking for a fall/winter intern
American Hiking Society is currently hiring for a fall/winter intern in our Silver Spring, MD offices!
We are seeking an organized, self-starter, who is passionate about the outdoors to assist with their volunteer programs this fall/winter. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated college student or recent graduate who is seeking an unpaid internship that will provide excellent hands-on experience in a friendly and dynamic non-profit work environment. You will report to the Volunteer Programs Manager, and your duties will include:
1) assisting with the organization and selection of Volunteer Vacation locations for 2013
2) assisting with the design and production of the 2013 printed trip schedule and website content
3) recruiting and marketing potential volunteers
4) communicating with retail partners regarding our volunteer programs
5) assisting with marketing and promoting the Alternative Break program to college student groups
6) assisting with data analysis and design of the year-end final report
7) assisting with other program-related tasks as needed including membership fulfillment, National Trails Day planning, and policy and advocacy research
Requirements: excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail and organizational skills; and demonstrated interest in volunteer management, outdoor recreation, and/or conservation. The intern will work out of our office in Silver Spring, MD. Desired internship term is flexible, but the ideal candidate would be available September 2012 – January 2013. Working hours are negotiable and can be arranged around your class schedule.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Libby Wile, Volunteer Programs Manager:firstname.lastname@example.org