Outdoor Adventure Trip Leader – Apogee Adventures
Throughout American West, Northeast, Caribbean & Europe
Apogee offers outdoor adventure travel to students between the ages of 12-18. Activities include: bicycle touring, hiking & backpacking, community service, sea kayaking, surfing, & rafting. Focus is on building confidence, character and community- mindedness through adventure travel and service.
· Age 20 or older by June 2013
· Highly responsible, motivated, adaptable and hard working
· Prior positive leadership experience
· Prior positive experience working with young people
· Eager to work and live simply and responsibly in the outdoors
· Fit and healthy
· Fun, positive, adventurous, and an outstanding role model
· Minimum Certification Requirements: will depend on trip and may be obtained post-hiring – CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Aid/Responder
Trip leader pairs (always one male, one female) are responsible for safety and well- being of up to 12 students in outdoor adventure travel setting. Leaders must serve as excellent role models as they foster teamwork and a healthy, nurturing group dynamic. They must create an atmosphere that is safe and welcoming, and bring out the best in each student.
2013 Dates of Employment:
June 17 through early/mid August (depending on trip assignment).
Top range for similar organizations;
Food and housing costs covered for the duration of the summer.
Contact Chad Olcott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-725-7025 with questions.
To download Apogee’s application, visit: