Virginia Blood Services will be conducting a Blood Drive on Tuesday, November 5 from 12:00 – 6:00 pm in Evans Dining Hall. To sign up go online to www.vadonor.com or sign up at the LIFE table in the Commons Atrium Wednesday, October 30 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 5:00 – 7:00 pm. All donors must present a valid ID or VBS donor card. All blood donors will receive a FREE t-shirt.
• Virginia Blood Services [VBS] is the provider of blood to hospitals throughout Central Virginia, including the Carilion Clinic hospitals in the Roanoke Valley region and Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital right here in Lexington.
• VBS must collect more than 450 blood donations a day to meet the needs of local patients.
• Donating blood with Virginia Blood Services means that you are saving lives right here in our community.
For information about donating blood, acceptable ID’s, etc., go to www.vablood.org.
Employees participating in the Live Well program can enter donating blood as a Charitable Event and earn 5 points.
Sponsored by LIFE – Lifestyle Information for Everyone
Did You Know?
• Only 5 percent of eligible donors across the nation donate blood, but the number of transfusions nationwide increases by 9 percent every year.
• Whole blood donors can donate as frequently as every 56 days. A benefit from donating this often is that you receive a mini-physical once every two months.